The role and responsibilities:
- Carry out construction, assembly, alteration or renovation of buildings, structures, fittings, cabinets, cupboards and modular units, possibly for single and multi-storey domestic, commercial and industrial environments
- Carry out construction activity, e.g. digging footings, erecting sub-floor structures; wall and roof framing; internal and external cladding; fit-out and fixture of doors and all building hardware and fittings
- Use hand tools, e.g. hammers, chisels, hand saws, screwdrivers, measuring tapes and levelling devices etc.
- Use power tools, e.g. electric/battery drills, power saws, routers, sanders, planners, laser levelling devices,
- Operate workshop equipment, e.g. static machines, band saws, docking saws etc.
- Collect and assemble building supplies
- Use safe and appropriate means to access (both internal and external) for building and construction sites
- Follow appropriate safety practices when using ladders, other access ways, handrails, barriers, scaffolding and mechanical lifts (trained/licensed users only)
- Follow established policies and procedures for Protective Personal Apparel (PPE)
- Follow appropriate manual handling techniques for manual tasks including lifting and moving items
- Follow safety and environmental practices for handling building products, fluids and waste products
- Complete appropriate documentation and recording information on computerised programs
- Communicate and interact with others in workplace and trade school environments, may include customer interaction
Education / Experience:
- Read and interpret various types of construction/architectural diagram
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
There are 4 positions available, please do not hesitate to apply.
Closing date: 25th February 2019