The Wembley Park regeneration has already created 800-1000 jobs across the estate and at London Designer Outlet and is now creating, even more, opportunities for local people as well as up to 900 construction jobs per month during the build phases. It is estimated that 8,640 new jobs will be created in addition to construction jobs. You can view the vacancies and find out what it’s like to work at Wembley Park below.
One of the largest privately-owned construction, development and property services companies in the UK.
We are committed to the long-term future of the built environment. Our award-winning Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability programmes underpin our vision to become the most trusted partner in the built environment, leaving a positive legacy for the communities in which we work and live.
Roles and responsibilities
- Cutting and shaping timber for floorboards, skirting boards and window frames
- Making and assembling doors, window frames, staircases and fitted furniture
- Fitting wooden structures, like floor and roof joists, roof timbers, staircases, partition walls, and door and window frames (first fixings)
- Installing skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards and shelving, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings)
- Building temporary wooden supports for concrete that is setting, for example on motorway bridge supports or building foundations (formwork)
- Making and fitting interiors for shops, hotels, banks, offices and public buildings
We are currently looking for an Apprentice with the following requirements
- Good GCSE maths and English grade C or above
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to follow instruction of supervisor
The ideal candidate will be
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player