Location of Work: Wembley
Contract Hours: 40hrs per week
The role and responsibilities:
In the early days of your flooring career you will be expected to learn the ropes of the business and variety of flooring tasks carried out. The more experienced you are, the more responsibilities and tasks you will pick up. To start out, the job will consist initially of fetching, carrying, carrying and tidying around materials, whilst observing the Senior Fitters laying the flooring. The first skills you will learn will be sub floor preparation to include underlay and grippering which is required for each job.
When you have picked up the basic tasks you will start to learn more about the materials and floorcoverings used and how to fit them. The types of flooring you will be dealing with are; carpets, vinyls, laminate, luxury vinyl tiles and commercial flooring. When you have built up the skills required you will be given more tasks which can include measuring up the rooms and speaking to customers about the types of flooring you are fitting.
You will be required to take instruction from the Senior Fitters and work closely with them to gain as much experience and knowledge as possible throughout the early days of your flooring career.
- You need to be physically fit and able as the Apprenticeship will be strenuous due to carrying heavy materials, as well as have stamina for the job in hand.
- A good level of communication skills will be required as you will be working in a close knit team and communicating with customers on a daily bases.
- It would also be an advantage to role to have a good Maths ability due to the nature of the role.
- On completion of your level 2 qualification in flooring, you will have gained the necessary skills and knowledge to have a successful career, with the view to gaining full time employment with the company.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Desire to work towards a qualification
Application deadline: 1st February 2019