The Wembley Park regeneration has already created 800-1000 jobs across the estate and at London Designer Outlet and is now creating, even more, opportunities for local people as well as up to 900 construction jobs per month during the build phases. It is estimated that 8,640 new jobs will be created in addition to construction jobs. You can view the vacancies and find out what it’s like to work at Wembley Park below.
We are an award winning Specialist Design & Build Contractors, Developers, Asset Managers and Investors with almost 50 years experience.
We have a highly experienced workforce that embraces a “can-do” attitude that is built on strong family values inherent within the McAleer & Rushe Group. Our experience as a developer / contractor is often what differentiates us from many of our competitors in that we completely understand the risks and the challenges of property development and construction.
Roles and responsibilities
- To take measurements and calculate the quantity of materials needed
- To ensure that equipment and working platforms are safely erected and dismantled.
- To efficiently prepare surfaces for decoration, in line with working instructions to include:
- Removing existing paint and/or paper
- Repair and making good of surfaces
- Use of primer and sealer
- Utilising brushing, rolling or spraying paints, stains, varnishes and other finishes as and when required.
- To select and prepare adhesives, and apply papers to ceilings and walls.
- To ensure the cleaning, maintenance and storage of materials.
- Attend College on a day release basis, and undertake any additional training as requested.
- Ensure your full commitment and support of the apprentice review process and willing to undertake workplace assessments.
- Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) where needed.
- Utilise all tools, equipment and materials safely in accordance with COSHH Regulations.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers.
- To undertake such other duties which are reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
- To maintain personal and professional development, and participate in relevant training activities.
- To undertake personal health and safety duties as detailed in the Health and Safety policy.
We are currently looking for an Apprentice with the following requirements
- Good GCSE maths and English grade C or above
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to follow instruction of supervisor
The ideal candidate will be
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player