Painters and Decorators work on a wide range of painting and decorating jobs, ranging from simple house renovations all the way to maintaining historic buildings.
The role and responsibilities:
- To take measurements and calculate the quantity of materials needed
- To ensure that equipment and working platforms are safely erected and dismantled.
- To efficiently prepare surfaces for decoration, in line with working instructions to include:
- Removing existing paint and/or paper
- Repair and making good of surfaces
- Use of primer and sealer
- Utilising brushing, rolling or spraying paints, stains, varnishes and other finishes as and when required.
- To select and prepare adhesives, and apply papers to ceilings and walls.
- To ensure the cleaning, maintenance and storage of materials.
- Attend College on a day release basis, and undertake any additional training as requested.
- Ensure your full commitment and support of the apprentice review process and willing to undertake workplace assessments.
- Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) where needed.
- Utilise all tools, equipment and materials safely in accordance with COSHH Regulations.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers.
- To undertake such other duties which are reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
- To undertake personal health and safety duties as detailed in the Health and Safety policy.
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player
There are 2 positions, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Closing date: 25th February 2019