The Wembley Park regeneration has already created 800-1000 jobs across the estate and at London Designer Outlet and is now creating, even more, opportunities for local people as well as up to 900 construction jobs per month during the build phases. It is estimated that 8,640 new jobs will be created in addition to construction jobs. You can view the vacancies and find out what it’s like to work at Wembley Park below.
McLaren Construction is an award winning contractor with an established reputation for consistent delivery of outstanding projects across all market sectors. We specialise in new build, refurbishment and fit out projects for major blue chip customers. Continuous review and improvement enable us to develop robust and practical procedures, from inception to completion, that centre on delivering high quality solutions against challenging demands.
We pride ourselves on the high calibre and expertise of our team, and actively encourage creative engineering solutions that meet the complex needs of our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be able to form timber to the correct requirements and shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework, falsework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails or pins
- Build, repair and assemble formworks and falsework structures
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Able to interpret verbal and written instructions and information
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties on the construction site from management to operative level
- Able to organise assigned tasks, for completion alone or with help
- Able to envision all steps in assigned tasks
- Understanding and competency of temporary works
- Working safely at heights
Qualifications and Skills
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- A good head for heights and sense of balance
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player